DR. KEVIN YIP
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS (UK), FRCS (EDIN), FAM (SING), FHKCOS (ORTHO)
Dr. Kevin Yip obtained his medical degree from St. Thomas’ Hospital London, England. He completed his post-graduate training in London, obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1990, and worked in several hospital units in England before moving to Hong Kong.
He became an Associate Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong Prince of Wales Hospital and participated in extensive research in various fields especially the knee and shoulder.
After leaving Hong Kong in 1998, he joined Gleneagles Hospital as a Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon. Apart from general orthopaedics, his main areas of interest are knee and shoulder surgery.
Common procedures performed by Dr. Yip include:
- Knee arthroscopy, meniscal surgery and cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Shoulder arthroscopy, including rotator cuff repair, Bankart repair and stabilisation, frozen shoulder release
- Hip and knee replacement surgery
- Fenestration and discectomy for prolapsed disc
- Ankle arthroscopy, ankle ligament repair and stabilisation
- Tennis elbow release and tendon repair
- Sports injuries
- Fracture care and joint dislocation treatmentO
- Surgery for bunions and hallux valgus
- Shockwave therapy for plantar fasciits (chronic heel pain)
Other orthopaedic specialist on board: